Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello! 2012 Already!!!

Hello family and friends!


Well, what a weird flippin week!  Just like Colton with the holidays its like the missionary work almost comes to a complete stop!  I hate it!  Last night we tried to visit like nine people in a couple hours and we got a hold of like two.  It was ridiculous.  I feel so bad because the past few weeks our numbers have been bad.  I know that its not in my control, all I can do is work my hardest but sometimes it is frustrating.  But its all good, because it is a new year!  So lets pray that we find some people who want to change right?  So... This week... hmm.... we taught our new investigator, and it went okay.  Her attention span is not very big so it went okay... haha.  We are meeting with her again tomorrow so we will see how that goes.  Other than that we are still working on finding the people that the lord has prepared for us.  Sometimes I feel like there is a pattern for me haha.  When I was training in Rochester we didn't see anything for three months and then two weeks being in Silverdale we found Will.  Now its stopped again.  I still have a lot of Faith and I know that the lord can and will help us.  So keep praying!  Our new years eve was good. Hahaha we had to be in by seven or be at a members house.  So we decided that the Finnegan's are really good members haha so we played some word games with them and it was so fun! Hahaha I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants! Sister Finnegan could possibly be the funniest person on the face of the earth.  It was great.  Then we ended the night in a more spiritual mode by watching the Testaments!  It was awesome and I learned so much!  Then we were home by nine and in bed by ten thirty! BUT!..... I layed in bed til eleven so I celebrated Utah's new year haha I thought I was clever!  This last week the Weavers had their family here and it was fun. We got to go to Tacoma for a Weaver family home evening and it was cool.  Today I was studying and I found something that I thought was cool and it really made me think.  Its in the new George Albert Smith book, and he tells a story about honoring his family name. He said "Honor your fathers and mothers. Honor the name that you have been given." And I thought that was really cool, because right now every day I wear two names. I wear Balmforth (loud and proud baby!)  But I also wear the name of my Savior! And this morning that really hit me, and I truly want to Honor both of those names.  I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ.  And I am so honored and privileged to wear his name every day.  I know that he lives and loves us!  I am so honored also to wear the name Balmforth. My family name and my family is the most important thing in the world to me! I hope you all know how much I love you! Well that was my week! I love you all so much! You are the miracles!

Love, Kate

PS. COURT!  Happy birthday on the 10th. I was going to try to put something in the mail today but its closed so sorry if its late! Love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment