Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, January 17, 2011

Email from 01/17/2011

Okay, so wow what a week! I have so much to tell you! First off, please continue making sure this email gets forwarded to all my people and the blog is great too! First off, Hope Michelle Coon Woolley! HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY! Sorry haha side note, its an inside joke for us and I couldn't write it in a letter cuz it had to be today. Haha so Hope i hope you have a great MLKJ DAY! Okay so this week has been AMAZING! Mom and Dad thank you so much for sending all of that stuff, and yes i did get it. I haven't worn the Garments yet but i will let you know how they work. THANK YOU SO MUCH!. And the 3 pound bag of m&m's haha thank you so much. I will probably gain weight here in Sequim. The members feed us great and I munch all the time. Which is terrible but i can't help it. But last night we ate at a members house and oh my goodness..... Lets just say i was dreamin about those cheese potatoes and ribs that you all ate. Oh man it was nasty haha i seriously thought i was eating raw pic cuz the pork was cooked so bad and then this asian stuff and some other stuff that was just bad. But it was the only bad one so far. haha i had curry the other night at the Turners house! They are the ward missionaries in one of the wards i am over and they are great. Brother Turner is from Australia and swears all the time haha Dad you and him would get along great! Kelsee and Riley how is school and work? You dorks haha you are in the same class lol. Calee how are you and my nephew doing? You better be getting fatter :) Oh haha and the other night at the Turner's house I walk in and we were drinking out of a mason jar haha i just laughed and thought of Marissa! I'll probably do the same when i get home. Sister Bradley and Directo are amazing! I love them so much. I can't believe we only have 1 month left together. Transfers are on the 14th! I don't know what will happen, I would love to stay in Sequim but who knows. So on the 14th i won't email just fyi it will be the 15th probably. So don't worry. I almost didn't email today cuz it is Martin Luther King Day. But we found a member with an office full of computers thank goodness. Missionaries aren't big fans of holidays haha cuz no computers and no mail. So yeah. Anyway Brooke how is school and work? Courteney I had a dream the other night that you were on a mission haha it was weird. Write me girl! Hope how are you and stuart? How is school, work, and dance? You need to write me too! :) Big G, Mer, Brenna, Emery, and Clara how are you doing? Grandma how are you? Okay so Mom if anyone adds you on facebook just add them cuz they are probably from Washington, same with email, and please always answer the home phone cuz Sister Mcfarland here is great and she said if we ever need her to she will call you. So just fyi. I am working on a tape, and i got some pics today that i will send soon. I am also working on writing back to everyone who has written me. so be patient cuz i really have no time! Also please print all emails and save letters in a binder cuz some nights i don't even have time to write in my journal. I probably already told you all this. Sorry the days are crazy... half the time i don't remember what day it is haha. it is going by so fast!!!! Probably not for you, but these days are just not long enough! We have so much work to do and the Lord is counting on us! Its hard finding people. Tracting is hard but it will benefit soon! With the help of Heavenly Father! So how is everything else? How is everyone doing? Okay so lets talk about the work! Thank you so much for all of your prayers. Everyone reading this THANK YOU! I know they are working! Our goal of 4 baptisms this month is coming along! We are hoping and PRAYING to actually have three this weekend. If they can quit their bad habits it should work! Please pray! Now let me tell you about the Moan family! Ah they are great! The Moan's have a son who is 19 years old. His name is Brett. He was baptized last year and he is so amazing! Like he is a spiritual GIANT. He prays better than i do haha. Anyway... his parents are not members. But Brett just got his mission call to Berlin Germany! He is so excited. His parents Russell and Lyn come to church with him when he is in town. And since Brett is going on a mission they wanted to see what he would be doing for the next two years so they agreed to take the discussions! So we have been teaching them and they come to church! Tonight we are giving them a church tour! We are firm believers of the church tour here in Washington! Have Marissa tell you what it is! :) So anyway Russell is very opened to everything... like i wouldn't be surprised if he already knew it was true! Lyn is a little hesitant but we will get there! Brett bears testimony to them like no tomorrow and the spirit is so strong when he does! He is going to be an amazing missionary! He leaves for Germany in March so we are hoping that he can baptize his parents before he goes! Wouldn't that be the coolest thing ever! Think of the stories he could tell in Germany! Oh so amazing! I can't wait! I still need you to pray that i can teach better! I know with Heavenly Fathers help i will be able to, and it will come along soon. So that is the Miracle for the week! Also there is a lady here that is amazing! She reminds me of Walt haha she was baptized a few months ago and her name is Joni! She feeds us all the time! And she is a good cook. Mom her baked goods are killin me! It is hard to decline things here haha. Yours are better but hers are good too haha. Anyway we are also teaching her 17 year old brother Clay! He is coming along but we will see how things go. I am so glad Colton is doing great. He emails me and makes me so happy! Ward members I love you! Thank you for your love and prayers and support! Family and friends you are amazing! I want you all to know, that I know that this church is true! Sometimes it is hard when people slam doors in my face or they tell me to go and re look into what i believe because it isn't true! Or they say that they pray for us to get help and to know that what we believe is not true. And that gets hard! But then I think, why are you second guessing yourself Katee!? I KNOW with all my heart that this is the true church, otherwise i wouldn't be here right now, and Colton would not be in Africa! It is TRUE! Heavenly Father knows each of us, and he answers our prayers! I am so thankful for the Atonement in my life! Its why I am serving a mission! Our Savior died on the cross for us so that we can live with our Heavenly Father again! Joseph Smith restored this Gospel! It is the only true church on the earth and i love it with all of my heart! And I love all of you and i'm so thankful for you in my life. I hope you all have a great week! Keep up the prayers. I love you!
Love, Katee

1 comment:

  1. See! Mason jars are all the rage there!!!!! Totally normal!

    ReplyDelete