Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, April 2, 2012

Text Book Delivery! 04/02/2012

Hello everybody!


Okay so this week I am so happy to report that I am feeling sooooo much better!!  KNOCK ON WOOD! Please pray that whatever awful thing was wrong doesn't come back haha.  My neck and back muscles are still tight but I don't even care.  As long as I can eat whatever I want I am happy.  I lost like ten pounds though so I was glad about that haha.  I just wish I didn't have to lose it the way  I did but I guess it was a blessing in disguise.  So I even played a little bball today...(Its been like six weeks since I have) So that was fun.  And it may be the last time I get to play with Sis. Chronister so I sucked it up and played!  This past week was amazing!  I was like a little kid on Christmas waiting for Conference!  I LOVED conference so much.  I prayed right before and said "Heavenly Father I don't really know what it is that I need help with so please help me recognize what I need today in conference." Yeah pretty much all of conference was just for Sister Balmforth I swear!  It was so amazing!  One of my favorite talks was by Elder Andersen... He said something that I thought was way cool. "Being a Disciple of Jesus Christ in these days will be a badge of honor throughout the Eternities." Isn't that flippin amazing!  It hit me like a ton of bricks... pretty much all of conference was that way. Then when Pres. Monson got up to speak at the very end... my eyes filled with tears as he said, "my heart is full... " mine was too.  Then he said something like conference always goes to quickly, and tears began to fall down my face as I realized this was my last conference as a missionary. Then I began to realize that I won't be a missionary for much longer.  Pretty sure Sis. Chron knew what was goin on cuz my emotions just overcame me... and I'm usually not a big cryer haha.  So needless to say conference was amazing!  This past week we also found a new investigator named Brian!  He will be in the YSA ward! He was a referral from a member and he is soooo solid.  We gave him a church tour and then two nights later we shared the message of the Restoration with him.  Oh how I love to share the first vision with people.  It makes me so happy!  Then last night we text him to see if he could meet and he said yes.  He was just getting off duty (he is a cook in the navy) Sister Chronister started the lesson. We planned to teach him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sis. Chron is way good at that lesson.  So we talk about Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end.  He was great with all of it.  So we finished the lesson and I asked Brian where he thought he was on all of these steps, and he looked up and said "hmm... probably between Repentance and Baptism!"  My jaw dropped. S o I just looked up and said "well do you want to get baptized?" haha text book delivery I know.  But he said "yes I do."  So we were way excited.  Brian is on leave today and for the next two weeks so when he gets back we will finish teaching him and he will be baptized!  It was such an amazing way to end the week.  I told Sis. Chron that I was getting lazy in my invitations haha but it was how Brian needed it I guess so it was good.  We also met with a less active yesterday... she has overcome so much in her life and she is amazing.  She is close to our hearts because she is one of the first people that Sis. Chron and Ii started teaching when Sis. Chron came to Silverdale.  And this week has been hard because we are just expecting Sis. Chron to leave in a week and it is so sad to think about.  So we left the less actives house last night and it was really quiet in the car... (sadness).  So I asked Sister Chronister what she was thinking, and she said " I learned how to love in Silverdale." That moment was priceless for me.  I know it sounds really dumb and cheesy, but I know that she has learned what she needed to here, and she is going to find so many more people in other areas that need her and she will be able to love them.  I love her so much!  I suck at letters.  I'm sorry... Lynette thank you so much for the package, and everyone else for the letters!  You rock!  I will try to write soon!  I love this gospel!  I know it is true!  I love serving and I am so grateful for my savior!  I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment