Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, April 23, 2012

Go Climb That Mountain! 04/23/12

Hello everyone,


Well this weeks title probably looks a little familiar.  I don't remember if its a title that I used or one that Sister Chronister used but anyhow... this week its mine.  So It is this title for a few reasons... the reason I'm emailing so late is because the dang Elders just took us to climb a mountain and it took FOREVER!  I'm really sorry to freak you out mom haha.  So yeah, it was a good hike, I'm now exhausted and don't want to move but yeah.  The other reason for the title... hmm.... well that was about it.


This week has been pretty good. We've been working hard. The other day we tracted for over two hours and it was awesome cuz it was SUNNY!  That's right people!  I even got a little pink... It was a huge miracle.  And we also placed a couple of Book of Mormons... so that was good.  Then later that day we worked our butts off and taught seven lessons.  That's a ton for one day. S o that was great.  They were all less actives or recent converts, and I wasn't going to eat dinner until we hit seven.  So after we hit seven lessons we raced over to Wendy's cuz we hadn't eaten all day.  I was so hungry! I  ate a burger , fries, and nuggets.  It still takes me a little bit to eat cuz my neck is dumb but it was great!


This past week a funny thing that happened was we were at a members house and they have like a seven year old named Gill and she is really cute.  It was like 8:30 at night so by this time I'm just wiped out.  And Gill comes over to me and says, "Sister Balmforth.... are you tired?"  I said, "yeah Gill I'm pretty tired." then she said. " you look tired.... you have bags under your eyes." haha it was funny.... there's nothing like having a seven year old tell you that you look like crap.  It was funny.  I think it was a combination of me being way tired and of me being on a mission for so long haha.


Also this week we were knocking on doors and I got a pretty good sliver.... it took like 20 minutes to get out... that was fun.


This week I also realized how much I love the people on my mission. Matt and Emily came to church yesterday in Silverdale just to see me.  It was so awesome!  Then we were visiting some people here and I just sat and realized that I will never get this experience back.  It won't be the same ever again.  And at that moment I just wanted to hang on to my mission as long as possible.  It is so hard that it is coming to an end so soon but I do know that the lord has other plans for me.  And that my mission is supposed to come to an end sometime.  I am so grateful for the amazing opportunity that he has given me to serve.  This has been the best year and a half of my life.  I am grateful for a Savior who knows me and knows the things that I need.  I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know that it truly is HIS gospel.  I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!

Love, Kate





No comments:

Post a Comment