Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sad Day in Silverdale:( 04/09/12

Hello everybody...


How are you all doing?  I am doing pretty good.  Well as good as I can be I guess.  I'm happy don't worry. I'm just pretty bummed.  We got our Transfer call the other night and I will be finishing my mission in Silverdale!  So I am way stoked about that because I will get to meet Matt Leach, Colton's trainer, four days before I come home.  So that is way exciting.  But I'm way sad because my baby Sister Chronister is getting transferred to Steilacoom.  She is going to do amazing there but I won't lie I'm really struggling.  This will probably be the hardest transfer for me to have to say good bye to her.  Uh.... but it will all be okay.  We figured it was coming so we prepared ourselves.  This past week I took up Coke haha kind of... At the beginning of the week Sister Chronister had an upset stomach, so Sister Finnegan went and got her a coke and I drank half of it and then went and got me some more the next day lol.  I know its bad and so not like me but it was good and it made me think of my Grandpa...


(I'm trying to be good like Sis. Chronister and separate my paragraphs so this email is easier to read haha)

So anyway... my new companion will be Sister Jensen.... I will pick her up on Wednesday.  She has been on her mission I think for like seven months now.  It was pretty funny when President called he was like..."well I'm sending you sister Jensen... I hear she plays basketball too."  I have heard that she does play bball too but I guess we will see ha ha.  I think President Weaver was just trying to make me feel better.  So needless to say I have been an emotional wreck for the past two days.  I just look over at Sister Chronister and just start crying haha.  Its horrible.  But that's what happens I guess.  You would think that the whole transfer thing would get easier but it doesn't.  In fact I think it gets harder.  So the other night... we were just chillin sitting on the couch and all the sudden I looked up, and I saw my empty pan from my mac and cheese sitting on the counter.  All the sudden I just lost it and started crying haha, Sister Chronister was like "dude whats wrong?" and I said, "no one makes me mac and cheese like you do!"   Oh gosh at that moment I realized how needy I have been lately lol.   Mostly back when I wasn't feeling too good but I am really going to miss her.  She has become such an amazing friend. But she is going to continue to be an amazing missionary wherever she goes and she is going to love people unconditionally.  I know that she will do great things here in the WA-TAC.


As for me... it is really weird coming up on my last transfer as a missionary.  I don't really know what to do.  I won't lie, I have been freakin out a little this past week, trying to think about everything that I have to do, and all of the stuff that I have to worry about coming home.  But I realized that everything is going to work out and be okay.  Heavenly Father will bless me if I do what he asks.  So I have mixed emotions about this last transfer. It is going to be good. I'm going to work as hard as I can and show Heavenly Father that I care... and I know that he will bless me for that when I come home.  It won't be easy.  Leaving Washington scares me so bad.  Its my second home and I have come to love it so much.  I never knew I could love anyone or anything like I love my mission.  It has changed me forever and it has made me the person that I want to be and the person that my Heavenly Father needs me to be.  I am excited for the future. Whatever it brings................

I hope you all had an amazing Easter... we sure did!  Sister Chronister is AMAZING!  She taught herself how to play the piano, and she found this song called "Redeemer" by Paul Cardall.  And she has been practicing it for me because she is going to play it at the transfer meeting when I go home.  She has never played in front of a crowd before... yeah that's how much she loves me :)  So anyway... someone from the YSA Ward heard her practicing and asked her to play it in Sacrament for Easter!  She agreed!  It was amazing!!!!  She went up and played and I just sat and cried!  Oh how I love this girl.  There have been so many spiritual experiences that we have had over the past four and a half months, and I know that is why we are such good friends.  It is amazing how the spirit works.  I am so grateful for her!


I love this Gospel with all of my heart.  I know with a surety that it is the Gospel of my Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that it is the only true and everlasting Gospel on the face of the earth.  I know that Joseph Smith was the Lord's mouth piece in bringing forth the Restoration. I know that he is and was a Prophet of God sent for us in this day.  I know that by the power of Heavenly Father he translated the Book of Mormon.  I didn't have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon before my mission.  I just knew it was good and that I liked it.  But now I can for sure say that it is true.  Because every morning I read it, it makes me happy.  And the things written are just for me.  I know that my Savior lives and that he loves me.  I know that he died for me, and for all of you so that we can one day return to live with him and with our families forever. I  know that Thomas S. Monson is God's mouth piece on the earth today and that he receives revelation for us.  I know all of these things because I have been able to serve my Heavenly Father and he has blessed me with this knowledge.  I LOVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ and its simplicity.  I love all of you soooo much.  You all have helped me receive this knowledge! And I will be forever grateful for that!



Emery, Emily, and Brayden I hope you all have great Birthdays this week.  I still suck at letters!  I'm sorry... things have been so busy.  But I will try soon.  Please pray for me and Sister Chronister... Especially around 11 o clock on Wednesday. I love you all!  Have a great week!  See you soon.

Love, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment