Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, March 26, 2012

The SUN!!!!! 03/26/12

Hello family and friends!


Okay so this week... hmm... I don't really know what to say about this week.  On Wednesday we had interviews with President and Sister Weaver.. they went good.  Its not set in stone but it looks like there is a good chance that I will get to finish my mission in Silverdale.... But.... things don't look so good for Sis. Chronister.... I'm way bummed and still in denial about it so no worries there have been no emotional break downs yet... concerning that matter any way.  So I have been feeling better lately but still not 100 percent.  Its just like weird when I swallow.  I don't know... So anyway Sister Weaver asked me how I was and I told her and then I told her that I didn't need to go back to the doctor because I was fine and I had a blessing and the blessing said that it would all go away soon.  So she said okay.  Then at 9:30 that night I get a call from Sister Weaver saying that she wants me to go back to the doctor!  I was like are you serious!!!!  We all know how much I love doctors!  So the next morning I went and he said I think its your thyroid and its probably just a little swollen.  So he took some blood and then called me the next day.  The blood came back perfect and everything was great.  So Sister Weaver is still way paranoid and I'm pretty sure she convinced the doctor that I needed an ultra sound!!!!  In the words of Sister Finnegan "OH FOR PETE'S SAKE!"  That's what I said.  So then I had to go do that.  And wait in a waiting room for 45 minutes!  It was dumb. Thank goodness that I have the best companion in the world to keep me calm and not frustrated haha. So the guy there said that my thyroid looks fine.  So no need to worry people... I'm totally fine.  Just how there is nothing ever wrong with me when I go to the doctor haha.  So anyway... I'm fine mom no need to worry :) Hmm... what else happened this week???  We had a sisters conference!  That was fun.  And because I'm one of the oldest sisters here I got to have a couch haha.  It was great and fun to see everyone again. We had dinner at the mission home then we went to the Pudget sound and watched the sunset.  It was fun.  Then we had a devotional and training the next morning and we all shared our testimony... It was so amazing and the spirit was tangible.  I bore my testimony on the two things that I have learned on my mission. The power of my Savior Jesus Christ, and the blessings of Eternal Families. The other sister that goes home in May stood up and said that she was scared to lose the mantle and the "missionary spirit" and the power to teach, and then she said but I know that the Lord will call me to teach again when he calls me to be a mother.... My eyes filled with tears and I knew that, that was so true!  I am so thankful for that knowledge and for the things in the future that I have to look forward too because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ... I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father.  I am grateful because the sun has been out for the past 3 days, and it makes me happy!  I am grateful for the scripture..."many are called, but few are chosen." I'm grateful that Heavenly Father chose me to be his disciple at this time.  I love you all!  I hope you have an amazing week! Pray hard and leave everything else to the Lord. I love you all!

Love,
Kate

PS... OMA, KIM AND BIG G!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment