Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, March 19, 2012

"I'm Sorry...I don't have the Priesthood" 03/19/2012

Hello family and friends!


Well this week was a huge miracle.  So we have been teaching this girl named Mariah.  She is awesome and sooo solid.  The other day we went over there and we had planned to teach the plan of salvation.  Then we really wanted to put her on date to be baptized.  So we go over and we teach the plan and she's all happy and what not and then the thought comes to my head... "this will lead great into the commandments... just teach it all", So we did! haha it was so awesome!  Me and Sister Chronister just went in and taught like it was nobody's business.  We had barely even planned what we were going to do and we could just read each other so well that it worked great.  So after the lesson I just looked at Mariah and said, "so do you want to set a date for your baptism?"  She thought for a few minutes and was like "well I don't have a specific date in mind" so I said "well... you can do it this Sunday or next Sunday" haha and she thought and was like "okay how about this Sunday."   Me and Sister Chronisters mouths were probably on the nasty floor at this point haha it was so great!  So then I said "well who would you like to baptize you?" and she pointed to me and said "you!" hahaha I about peed myself.  In my head I thought well we better go over that lesson again haha. So I just looked up and said "I'm sorry I don't have the priesthood" haha.  It made me feel really good that she would ask me to do it though.  So needless to say we worked our butts off and got everything ready for the baptism, and yesterday Sister Chronister and I were able to witness the baptism of Mariah... It was amazing and the spirit was tangible.  Sister Chronister got to give her first missionary talk at a baptism and I was definitely a proud mom haha.  Sister Chronister is an amazing teacher and she knows how to bring people into sacred space with the spirit.  She is my hero!  The beginning of the week was a little tough.  I won't lie, after about 15 months of not seeing the sun you start to go a little crazy.  So one morning I woke up and I was trying to study and it just wasn't working.  I looked at the window and watched wet snow and rain just pour down.  And all the sudden for no good reason, I felt my eyes start to water.  I look across the table at Sister Chronister and she is looking at me like "dude... what is your problem" haha.  Its okay I just had a little breakdown because the sun was gone.  No big deal.  Later that day I guess Heavenly Father decided to give me a break because the sun finally poked out for a few minutes.  I was really grateful for that tender mercy because it was a way for me to see that Heavenly Father really knows me and he knows what I need. And he loves me enough to show me the sun for ten minutes when I need it.  This week I was also to have another one of those tender mercy feelings.  It was at Mariah's baptism when we sang the song "I feel my Savior's love" oh how I love this song.  It brought a tear to my eye as we sang. And I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father and Savior love me.  I know that they know what I need and they know how to fix things for me when I can't do it on my own.  I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings that peace into people's lives.  I know it does because it brings me that peace every single day.  I am grateful to share this message with others.  It is an honor to wake up every morning and put the name of my Savior on my shirt and go out and work.  That is what I want... I want to finish and work so hard because that is what my Savior did and still does for me.  I love you all and I hope that you too can recognize some of the little tender mercies that you see from Heavenly Father every day.  They may be as small as seeing the sun. I love you all! Have a great week!,

Love,
Katee

No comments:

Post a Comment