Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I gots me another GREENIE!!! 12/06/11




Sister Balmforth, Sister Holman and the Graves Family



Hello family and friends!

I once again feel like I have so much to tell you and so little time... so here it goes.  First off a shout out to my favorite twin sister ever!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Sunday my other half!  I hope you have a great day and know that I will be thinking about you all day.  I will even make a funfetti cake haha and we all know how good at that I am.  So anyway.... as you can tell from my title, I am training again.  It should be fun and I am excited.  I picked up my new companion in Tacoma yesterday and so far she is great.  Her name is Sister Chronister from Tuscan, Arizona.   And guess what!?......She is a baller! yahoo! she played in high school, and everything.  She is like 5 foot 8 or so!  So it will be fun.  We were talking on the way home and we discovered that we are both in love with basketball and we about freaked haha, yes, I almost screamed like a little girl haha just kiddin.... kinda.  So anyway... then later last night we were talking and some how our high school jersey numbers came up and she told me that she was number 11 and then I really thought that was crazy. Haha, but it was way funny cuz when I told her I played basketball she looked up and said "God loves me." haha it was funny.  So I don't know her to well yet but she seems great!  So saying goodbye to Sister Holman was tough.  It was really hard for her to leave because this was her first area, but she will be great! She is now in Tacoma. This week I learned a lot.  It has been a little slow for the work but I know that it will pick up soon.  We are teaching a family tonight that are eternal investigators and I just hope and pray that they will be hit hard with the spirit.  So anyway... this week the phrase "you are a daughter of a heavenly father that loves you" really hit me hard.  I have said this so many times growing up and saying the yw theme but it really struck me the other day how much my heavenly father really does love me.  And seeing Sister Holman crying over these people that she loves so much made me think of how my earthly parents must have felt sending me off, and also how my heavenly father must have felt when he had to send us down to earth.  I felt like I truly caught a glimpse of that this week and it makes me love even more.  I love the people of Washington... they make me so happy. The other day I got a phone call from Emily Alstead... and wow that was awesome!  She called and said "hey, I have a question for you" and I said okay and she said me and Matt are getting married in August, will you be in my wedding!  I was so excited!  Matt and Emily are going to get married in the temple in August!!!!  I can't even believe it so me and Sister Craig will be in the wedding!  How cool is that?  Also saying goodbye to Sister Craig yesterday was a bummer.  But its all good. She is going to come visit you guys at the first of the year!  So that will be awesome!  Family and friends I want you all to know how much I love you and how much I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!  Over the past year I have seen the atonement change people.  And I have seen it change me and it has helped me become the person that I am now.  I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ.  I am thankful that he payed the price for me.  I love you all so much and I can't wait for Christmas!  It is the best time of year!  Have a great week!

Love always,
Katee

PS  Brooke thanks for the bday stuff you are awesome!  I haven't opened  it yet, haha I am being good til Sunday! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment