Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello 11/28/11

Hello family and friends!


Wow... I have so much to tell you, and I actually will have a little more time today because this morning my companion had to go to the doctor and they had computers there!  So I read my email there and now I can just write.  So anyway... what a week.  Man I have mixed emotions about holidays on a mission because it is soooo hard to see people and when you tract no one wants you there haha.  So the past few days were a little slow but it has been good and it should pick up again.  Oh and before I forget... transfers are next week so don't plan on an email til Tuesday.  And if it doesn't come don't stress haha. (mom) Okay so for starters we had a great thanksgiving... we ate with the Leach family and the Bison family first and then we went to the Graves family.  It was great, and my skirt almost didn't fit by the end of the night! :)  So that was great!  Oh okay sorry this email is going to be sporadic cuz I am all over the place today but Riley happy birthday this week!  I hope you have a great day!  Make Kelsee spoil you.  Okay so on to some more stuff. This week has been really great for me in more of a spiritual sense I guess.  I have learned a lot and I am so grateful. Yesterday during sacrament meeting it was the most amazing feeling in the world to look up and see one of our recent converts blessing the sacrament for the first time.  The spirit just hit me like a ton of bricks.  It was so cool.  Then Brother Leach spoke in sacrament meeting and he read a letter that they got from Matt a year ago when him and Colton were companions.  The love that those two had for each other was indescribable. Matt described how he felt when Colton was transferred and it brought tears to my eyes.  And I think it was at that moment that I began to realize how much our Heavenly Father loves us each individually.  He knows us so well and he knows where we need to be.  As I sat in sacrament meeting I felt my Saviors love for not only me but for everyone.  I know that he loves us beyond measure and Ii am so thankful for him.  I also had some time to read my patriarchal blessing this week. Every time I read it I learn something new and I am so grateful for it.  In my blessing it tells me that I am responsible to proclaim the gospel to all those who will hear it.  I think about that and I think how special that calling really is.  And how much the Lord must trust me with his children here in Washington.  This was another thing that happened that helped me more fully understand the love that our Savior and our Heavenly Father has for us.  I also received a letter this week that reminded me of my old high school days :)  In the letter this amazing person told me that she is glad that she is on "the winning team." And I thought about that and I realized that we are all on the winning team.... sometimes we just have to remember what jersey we wear.  And sometimes that is hard.  This week I also had a dream about my sweet Grandpa Harward, and I was so thankful because it was another way that I knew Heavenly Father knew me and what I needed.  But anyway... I have truly felt my Saviors love this week and how grateful I am for that because it is always hard to be away on holidays.  So anyway... sorry this is so sporadic but I don't want to forget anything.  I received a cute candy gram from our primary girls this week and I want them to know how thankful I was for that.  Also mom and dad THANK YOU so much for the birthday package! I love it! haha on Saturday we got a call asking us to teach the gospel doctrine lesson in the ysa ward haha I have never even been to gospel doctrine lol but it was fun.  We had like really no time to prepare.  Its amazing how the Lord blesses you when you are a missionary haha you can totally just wing anything and it comes out pretty good.  So that was funny, and Ii will miss that gift of wingin it when I am no longer a missionary!  Anyway, family and friends I love you all so much and hope you are doing great!  Have a happy holiday!

I love you all so much!

Love,
Katee

No comments:

Post a Comment