Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, October 17, 2011

10/17/11

Hello family and friends!


How are you all doing? I am doing pretty well. I wish I had more to report than I do but that's okay. So this week has been okay. The stake president challenged us to tract for 24 hours in the week. Yeah it was hard because we all know how much I love tracting. I actually don't mind tracting if its stuff that I haven't tracted before. But I have now tracted all of Rochester at least twice and some of it three times. Its way funny when people look at me and say " you were here last month." I usually smile and say "well ya know Rochester is only so big." haha. But the other day was really funny. We knocked on this grumpy lady''s door. And she said "You have been here before." And i just said "really?" playing dumb of course haha and she said "yes. i recognize your sweater.... there are some things i do not forget!" bhahahaha by this time i was just like oh my goodness please get me off this door step haha. Sister Lee and I laughed about it and so did the lady's neighbor... Man situations as a missionary are so awkward sometimes haha. So anyhow... Transfers are next week so I won't email til tuesday probably, but I don't really know what to think yet. Yesterday I was thinkin they will probably kick me out of Rochester but then I woke up this morning and thought I might stay. So I guess we will see. I won't lie I am starting to love Rochester and I actually kind of want to stay. The people here are amazing and I think they like me :) I hope anyway.... I am pretty close with a few families and its great. But anyway,.. we will see what happens. Yesterday I spoke in church, the bishop asked us on Wednesday and we don't have a lot of time to do anything other than missionary work so I think my talk was okay for preparing the morning of haha its way funny how i don't even stress about stuff like that anymore. Then after church there was a child of record baptism that the family asked me to speak at so I did that as well. We still don't have anyone to teach but I know that it will happen soon. President Weaver came down on Saturday to give me a temple recommend! I love that man! He is amazing! So I will be going to the temple on Saturday. It is the 9 am session and 11 o clock sealing. It will be awesome! Anyone who can should go to the temple with me :) Anyway... this week has been good. I am learning that my personal purpose as a missionary is to do more than just baptize. It is to gain trust and friendships with the members and less actives. And I know that at this time in my mission that is what the Lord needs from me. So that is what I will do. I love my mission. I have learned so many things. I love the Gospel with all my heart! I hope you all have a great week! And Colton keep up the good work! You are my hero! I love you all.

Love, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment