Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hello 09/13/11

Hello family and friends!


How in the world are you all doing?  Okay so this past week was a little weird.  Last transfer was hard. We had no one to teach and we still are struggling in that area.  We have a little girl who is 11 years old that we are working with.  Her mom is a member but hasn't been to church since she was like 15 and she is not interested at all, but she is totally okay with her daughter coming to church and stuff.  So she will probably want to get baptized but the hard part is going to be able to get the ward and the bishop on board with it.  So I'm sure you have all heard by now but TRANSFER NEWS IS........Sister Balmforth will be staying in little ole Rochester with Sister Lee.  (Marrissa stop laughing :)  We both knew that we were probably going to stay.  I love Rochester... Okay I love the people of Rochester it is just hard sometimes because I have seriously tracted the whole town at least twice and people look at me and say "you were here last month, don't you remember my daughter"?  I'm like "uh no!" haha I meet like hundreds of people how would I remember lol.  But it is good.  Sister Lee and I are doing good.  We are really trying hard to find people to teach.  It is not an easy task but we know that if we continue to have faith and be obedient then the Lord will bless us. We have a church tour set up for tonight so pray that it goes good.  We were in Tacoma yesterday for transfer meeting and it was great!  I love being there with all my old companions!  Its so fun!  Sister Craig is doing.... good haha. T he lucky dog is staying in Puyallup haha and she is staying with the greenie that she has had now for going on three transfers haha.  Its funny... she is way annoyed and she is praying that she doesn't hurt her companion haha.  I just laugh!  But things are good for them.  Sister Fisher got doubled in to the Grahm area which is in Puyallup as well and she will be training a greenie!  I am excited for her.  And Sister Nybo is now headed home!  It was sad to see her go.  Oh and Sister Fisher also got bit by a pit bull the other day... its pretty gnarly lol.  She is okay though.  I told her that Satan is starting to work through all these dumb dogs!  Okay... So I am so glad that the wedding was great!  I thought of you guys a lot!  I actually did really good for the whole day.  I didn't even cry until the lights were off and it was bed time haha and even then it was only a few tears.  I guess it was easy for me to hold it together because I knew that it was the right thing.  I am so glad that it went well and I am glad that it is over.  The other day at stake conference the closing hymn was families can be together forever.  I choked up a little bit as we sang.  I thought about my amazing family and friends and how I will be blessed to be with them forever because of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful for it in my life.  My outlook on the eternal perspective has changed so much.  I have learned that, that is the reason that we are on earth.  It is so we can prepare to live with our father in heaven and with our families for eternity.  I know that the blessings we receive in the temple lead to eternal life.  I love it so much.  I love this Gospel and I love this work.  Being a missionary is amazing! I can't believe I have been out nine months!  It goes too fast!  I love you all and I hope that you have a great week!  Read, and Pray always! I love you!

Love, Katee

No comments:

Post a Comment