Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vitamin D in Rochester 07/05/11

Hello family and friends!  How are you all doing?  I am doing good.  I am starting to get used to things here in Rochester.  I finally saw the sun in Washington.  It has been a long time.  I even got a little sun burned.  It is great.  I miss the sun.  The members here love us and they are so good to us. They buy us grocery's and its so nice!  So a few things that happened this week.  We have a few investigators and we probably had like ten appointments set up for last week and guess what?  That's right... they all canceled!  Ugh... it is so frustrating!  I need to have more faith.  Sometimes it is so hard! Ah.... haha but its okay Sister Fisher and I are still doing good.  She is a great missionary.  I still miss Sister Craig sometimes, and some days I just really wish I could talk to her.  Like yesterday was one of those days haha.  I totally had memories going through my head all day about where we were last year on the fourth of July... Nauvoo if you don't remember, and about every other year at Murray Park.  It was a weird night laying in bed listening to the little illegal fireworks that happened in Rochester ha ha, but it was good.  We went to a members BBQ and it was fun. But Pres. Weaver asked that we all be in early last night for safety reasons.  We met President Weaver the other day and he is so GREAT! Sister fisher has mixed emotions about him because he is  soooooo different than President  Bowen haha.  I think it will be a good change.  He even hugged the sisters!!!  That was way weird haha we all turned red.  He said sisters there is a new rule in the mission... sisters still can't hug but I can. haha.  So it was funny.  He really made me think a lot about faith, and I really appreciated what he said. He got up to the pulpit and said... "you don't know, how much faith you have."  I really liked that he said that... it was an answer to prayer for sure.  So Sister Craig text me the other day and said that Becky Hixon decided to get baptized!  I was so happy it was really a miracle because when I left Puyallup she said maybe in a year when you come back I will get baptized haha so I never thought that it would happen so soon!  So that is way cool.  Also this week I fasted for a miracle to happen and we went tracting and set up a church tour for tomorrow!  So that is great!  I hope the guy comes!  NO MORE CANCELLATIONS! Hahaha I might go crazy!  But anyway... I know that Heavenly Father loves me and that he is aware of me right now.  I am really thankful for him.  I am so thankful for a loving Savior who knows exactly how Ii feel, and who can help me with anything.  I know that if we stay close to them and read and pray we will be blessed.  I am so thankful for my eternal family!  I think that is probably the biggest thing I have learned so far on my mission is the importance of eternal families and the blessings of the temple!  What an amazing gift we have been given! Okay so I sent some letters off today but Ii am not done yet.  So if you have written me Ii promise you will get a letter soon.  I love you all so much and I hope that you have a great week!  Stay strong!


Love, Katee

No comments:

Post a Comment