Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011

Hello family and friends!


Okay sorry this email will probably be short because we got to our computer time late.  Oh my goodness I hate feeling rushed!  But that's okay it will work.  Okay so this week in Rochester has been weird.  Kind of like Colton the work has been slow.  So Sister Fisher and I have been knocking A LOT of doors!  Tracting is hard for me... But I know that if we are diligent the Lord will bless us!  So I will persevere and keep doing it.  My feet are sore but its okay!  So as of right now we have two investigators.  And guess what!?  They DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH!  That's right they are Russian!  So we are struggling with that too.  But they are great.  We called Pres. Weaver because there is an Elder serving in Tacoma that is from Russia, so him and President Weaver are coming to Rochester tomorrow to help us teach them.  I LOVE THE WEAVERS! They are great!  So we are excited for tomorrow!  So the weather has been good.  It was cool on Monday and Tuesday and then it has been way hot.  Yesterday it was 90 degrees!!  I haven't had heat like that in months and it was so great!  But we knocked doors for two hours in the dead heat!  Luckily some nice christian guy gave us some water.  My poor body is pretty burned haha but its okay.  I love being a missionary!  Yesterday in church I realized how much I want to be a mom some day.  It was so great... this little seven year old played the piano in church and you should have seen the proud look on his parents face. It was so great!  I want that some day.  Yesterday the Young women also sang a song and it made me miss my young women and serving with our old presidency!  We had some fun times!  This week I also learned the power of prayer. One night we came home and I was physically, emotionally, and spiritually drained.  I don't even know where the tears were coming from but they were coming.  I went to say my prayers and I just pleaded with Heavenly Father.  I basically told him that we have been working so hard and I just need to see some sort of tiny miracle.  I am struggling with that because we have been working so hard.  But the next day we had a really great lesson with Venus (the Russian lady) and it was way awesome!  We went there and she sat down and just started to cry.  She was frustrated with her house, and her new husband because he is messy.  So we looked at her and with the Russian English dictionary we told her that God sent us to help her.  And she cried some more.  It was amazing!  I can't wait to see them tomorrow.  So I know that Heavenly Father hears me.  Even though it was just a little tender mercy it was all I needed.  So I am sorry that this is so short.  But I hope you all have a great week.  And i am still working on letters so please be patient with me!  I love you all so much!

Love, Katee

No comments:

Post a Comment