Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Wonderful World of Technology! 05/14/12

Hello everybody!


Wow it was so good to talk to so many of you yesterday and to see your cute faces! Thank you to modern technology!  It was so awesome to be able to talk to Colton. Wow has he grown up.  I can't even believe it. He's not a little boy anymore.  Its pretty amazing to see how he has changed in such a short period of time. Whoever marries him is one lucky girl!

So this past week has been good. We have been working so hard, and its still so hard because people just keep bailing on us. We found some people to teach a couple of weeks ago and we got a return appointment with them but this past week when we went back they were driving away.  It was such a bummer.  And I feel really bad for Sister Jensen because she has been in more fruitful areas on her mission.  So coming to Silverdale is a big change for her.  But we continue to work hard and I know that if we do so the Lord will bless us.  While knocking on doors this week we had a funny thing happen.  I knocked on the door and all the sudden someone on the other side knocked back. haha.  I just started laughing and when he opened the door I just looked at him and said, "well that's never happened to me before." haha.  I thought it was pretty funny.

The weather has been so nice the past couple of days. Like it hit 75! We are just loving it and hoping that it lasts for just a couple more days. Lets see... Its hard to know what to write about because I just talked to you guys yesterday. Um...

I have had a lot of mixed emotions over the past couple of days.  And especially the night that, that appointment canceled on us.  Sister Chronister called me that night to get an address and we were able to talk for a little bit which was really good. I really needed it. So I was telling her all about the day, and it was really weird because I was in tears and I just said, "I have seen so many disappointments and had so many hard days on my mission and I don't wanna leave it." She paused and was like, "did you just hear what you said?  No one would ever say that." And I thought about it and I thought... no it is so true... I wouldn't trade any of the past year and a half of my life for the world.  I wouldn't trade it for anything because it has changed me for the better, and because of it I have come to know and love my Savior so much! I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father. It has been the most amazing thing in the world. The feelings that I have felt will never be forgotten. But I also know that it is time for me to move on, and to start on the next thing that the Lord has planned for me. So I am excited to come home and start that. And I know that whatever it is Heavenly Father will help me.

I know that the Gospel is true! I know it with all of my heart.  I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and he cares about us. I know that a young boy went into a grove of trees and offered up the most sincere prayer, and he was answered. And I know that he was called of God to restore the true Gospel back to the earth. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. It is His church and how lucky are we that we get to be apart of it? We are so blessed!

Anyway... I think that's about it.  Oh President Weaver called me last night, and I have my final interview with him tomorrow morning and then I get to spend the day with them on Friday.  So it will be great. We get to go to the Temple and everything.  So I'll be at the Temple on Friday... if anyone wants to go too that would be cool.  I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!  Next week will be the last email! :) Love you all!

Love, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment