Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, May 21, 2012

I Found What I Was Looking For! 05/21/12

Hello everyone!


Wow, I can't even believe this is my last email home.  I won't lie as I sit here writing and after I read all your emails I am a complete mess.  I was doing soooo good too!  I haven't cried in like 24 hours.  But anyway... Well I feel like I have so much to say but so little to say because I will see you on Wednesday!  So here we go.... On Friday I had an amazing experience.  All of the departing missionaries got together in Tacoma to spend the day with President and Sister Weaver.  It was amazing.  And so my companion had to go on an exchange!  So guess who we arranged that with?  Thats right... Chronister and Baylon... Pretty much it made my day cuz I got to see Chronister and talk to her.  It was great.  Then all of the departing missionaries were off to the Temple.  As I walked into the chapel the spirit was so strong.  I sat down and grabbed the bible.  I opened up to Joshua 1:9.  This scripture means everything to me... Most of you know that it is the reason I came on a mission.  So I opened it up and read it again, and I knew that what it said was STILL true.  "Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage... be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord thy God is with thee, withersoever thou goest." I love this scripture so much.  Then we went and did a session.  It was so great and just what I needed.

After the session I was the first missionary to walk into the celestial room.  I was greeted by Sister Weaver, who took me in her arms and probably hugged me for a straight 30 seconds. Then I was able to sit by myself, and turn my mission over to the Lord.  It was hard... I waited for probably 20 minutes because I wasn't ready to do it.  But I knew that it was time... I told my Heavenly Father that I had given it everything I could.  And I asked him if he would accept the work that I had done.  I felt comfort and peace and knew that he had accepted it... Also a few weeks ago I was reading some old letters.  One I read was from Heather Gardner that she wrote before I entered the MTC... at the very end of her letter it said, "I hope you find what you are looking for."  That statement hit me like a ton of bricks, and as I was sitting in the celestial room, the spirit whispered to me.... "You found what you were looking for."  This made me so happy, and I knew that everything that I came to Washington to do was complete.  I found what I wanted, and that was happiness.  And I am so grateful for that.

After the Temple we got Jamba Juice and saw a little bit of Seattle. Then it was back to the mission home for a nice steak dinner. Then a meeting with Pres, and Sister Weaver... pretty much the marriage and babies talk... And then a great Testimony Meeting... After our companions came back and I got to chill with Chronister for a little bit!  It was awesome! T hen we headed back to Silverdale and got home really late.

Sunday was a great day!  Matt Leach gave an awesome talk in church!  I said the closing prayer and as I walked to the front of the chapel we both got huge grins on our faces... It was way cool to meet him, and he said that Colton is his best friend.  We are having dinner with them tomorrow night before I leave Wednesday....

Well everyone... I am so excited to see you on Wednesday.... I want you all to know what I know because I was given the opportunity to serve a mission. Because of my mission I know that The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only true Gospel on the earth today.  I know that it is the same church that Christ set up when he was on the earth.  I know that Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ.... I know that he was called to restore the true Gospel back to the earth.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that it truly is another testament of Jesus Christ... I know this because I feel closer to my Savior every time I read it... I know that we have a living prophet today.  I know that my Savior Lives and loves me so much.  I feel him everyday... I know that He is with me forever and as long as I am worthy he will always be with me... I am sooo grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity to serve him in Washington for the past year and a half.  It has changed my life and I will NEVER be the same!  I love you all so much!  I can't wait to see you!  It will be like Heaven!  Have a great 2 days!  Love you all!

Love always,
Sister Balmforth
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment