Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, May 7, 2012

Prayers that reach Heaven. 05/07/12

Hello Everybody!


Okay so it is very interesting that Colton emailed a lot today about prayer because that's what I was going to focus on... coincidence?  I think not. :) So anyway.... this week has been pretty good.  The beginning of the week was great.  A sister that I knew... Sister Mills came back to visit the mission, so we got to have dinner with her... that was awesome!  She helped prep me for home life, haha.  Then Tuesday was probably the best day ever!  And the worst haha.  So we had a zone conference and SISTER CHRONISTER was there! We had this huge reunion and sat by each other the whole time lol.  Yes we are pathetic but we miss each other!  So there was a seventy here.. Elder Gavarrett.  So honestly it was hard to focus cuz the meeting was almost five hours long and we got one ten minute break.  So pretty much I talked to Chronister the whole time, and we caught up and then we just wrote notes haha, yes I know very irreverent but... what do ya do? So that was great!  Then we had lunch and then it was time to say good bye again... THAT SUCKED!  I won't lie I teared up a little lol.  Chronister told me to suck it up haha.  I love her.

So this past week I was struggling with my mission coming to an end. And Chronister told me that I needed to tell Heavenly Father.  Its funny how we can go out and preach these things to everyone but then we have to be reminded to do it our self.  So I did what she said.  The other night I went into the bathroom and knelt down, and offered a prayer to my Heavenly Father.  Asking him to give me something that would help me. The next day there were three things that Heavenly Father showed me.  One was that we had a really good zone meeting and it really lifted my spirits.  The second thing was I was talking to Sister Finnegan and she compared going home to going home to our Heavenly home and being reunited with all of our loved ones. She said that getting off that plane will be like Heaven.  I thought long about that. And I just cried as she said it.  I know that it will be tough to leave my mission but that reunion in two weeks is going to taste like Heaven... and I can't wait to taste it!  The third thing that Heavenly Father gave me was one of the YSA girls Anna was at the church and I was able to talk to her for awhile and it was way cool. I have come to love these people so much!

Well in other news... today May 7th is Matt's one year mark!  How crazy is that?  I can't believe it.  Also yesterday in church Mariah who was just baptized got up and bore her testimony and said how much I had helped her... it was way cool.  I also bore my testimony cuz it was my last testimony meeting.  And then Elder Finnegan gets up and says "I'd like to give a shout out to Sister Balmforth." He then went on to tell me how grateful he was for me and so on... yeah I was in tears all day haha.  It was amazing and the spirit was so strong.

I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers.  I know with all my heart that he lives and loves all of us. I know that he knows us better than we know ourselves! Isn't that amazing!? I am thankful for my Savior.  I know that he loves us and that he has felt everything that we go through.  He is our Redeemer and our friend.

I took a present to the Leache's house today cuz they are gonna see colton!  I'm so excited!  Anyway... I love you all so much!  I miss you and can't wait to see you!  It will be just like Heaven!

Love always,
Katee

No comments:

Post a Comment