Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, February 27, 2012

Till Death Do Us Part!!! 02/27/12

Hello family and friends,


How are you all doing?  Today I am doing great... Still having a little bit of neck issues but sooooo much better this week!  I even ate a piece of pizza about an hour ago and it was awesome! haha its so funny how much the little tender mercies mean to you when you haven't been able to do something for awhile.  But Mom I promise that today I am doing a lot better.  Every day I get a little better so no need to worry... I think a lot of it is stress and all those years of playing bball is catching up to me... last night I told Sis. Chronister that my body was just falling apart. So anyway... this week has been pretty good.  We taught Allison last night and it was probably the most chaotic thing of my life.  The whole family was going crazy about her ex husband and what not haha it was one of those moments where the cute little missionaries just sit there and smile and nod while the family is feuding haha.  Oh well. Allison likes us and likes learning but is freaked out about baptism right now... so hopefully we will get to change that.  Also I will tell you the story about my title.  So as all of you know this past week we received our transfer call.  It was pretty interesting because I felt pretty calm about this one.  On Tuesday I had a leadership meeting that I had to go to and so Sister Chronister went on splits with some other sisters. While I was at the meeting Pres. Weaver said "so this is your second transfer with Sister Chronister right?" and I said "yes" and he said "hmm... is three to many?"  And I said "no! not at all" haha so then he said "well, we will see" and walked away... so the whole week I was feeling like we would stay... Sister Chronister didn't think that but I had faith haha.  So on Saturday night Pres. Weaver finally called us at like 10:20, and gave us our call.  He said "well Sis. Balmforth I don't know if this is a surprise to you but we would like you to stay in Silverdale, then he said and Sister Chronister... (I thought her butt was outta here... )we would like you to stay too!  So pres is still on the phone and guess who starts screaming?  Yeah that would be me haha Pres. Weaver obviously didn't know what to do so he said "well congratulations" haha it was way funny and we couldn't sleep that night because we were so happy.  Sister Chronister has seriously changed my life.  She is so amazing, and it is so amazing how the lord can work.  We have only known each other for 12 weeks and we love each other so much.  And I know that it is because we feel the spirit constantly.  So I am hoping to be with her til my mission is over but that's not likely haha but we will see.  Also last night there was a youth fireside and it was amazing!  The spirit was so strong as these youth sang and spoke.  It made me think of all my young women who I love and miss so much.  I love the youth so much!  Sister Leach was in charge of the music and it was soooo amazing!  I hope that I can end my mission in Silverdale because if I do then I will get to meet Matt Leach.  He will get home four days before I leave!  Yesterday I also talked in sacrament meeting.  On Thursday the bishop called us and he had someone bail so he asked us and it was good.  I winged it hard core haha its nice being a missionary... the lord blesses you haha.  So really I wrote my talk while sitting on the stand.  But people liked it so I guess it was okay.  This week I am so thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  I am thankful for good parents who taught me at a young age what a testimony was, and how to strive to have the holy ghost in my life.  I am thankful for the Savior.  I know that he lives and loves me and I know that he has been where I have. I  love it so much!  I love my mission... it is something that is so close to my heart!  And I love all of you!  Have a great week!

Love always,
Katee
ps... sorry I suck at letters!  I will try harder!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment