Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, May 23, 2011

Hello Everybody 05/23/11

Hello family and friends!


How are you all doing!? Okay wow... so this week has been... hard/good/full of laughter! I don't really know how to explain it all. So this week has been hard because we have been trying to stop by all the people on the ward list that are part member families or have ubc's (sorry unbaptized children). And yes you guessed it... no one let us in. haha. Being a missionary is just so awesome. lol. Some days we just don't know what to do. Its so funny though. Like on hard days we can't even cry anymore haha we just laugh. So we have laughed a lot this week and I love it! I absolutely LOVE Sister Craig and if I could stay with her for the rest of my mission I totally would lol. She has helped me a lot. She is so great. So I have been thinking a lot this week, about a lot of different things. Which is weird because the gospel has always just made sense to me. And I always just went a long with everything and I had no problem whatsoever with it. But this week I was thinking a lot about Faith. So I asked the question... How do we have faith? The question seems very simple and when someone asks it your like well duh... its faith. But really... think about that question... How do we have faith? I have been thinking about it a lot, and after talking to Sister Craig about some stuff last night, I decided that for me to have faith I just have to put ALL my trust in my Heavenly Father, and Savior, and know that they will take care of it for me. So anyway... just something to think about. Sister Craig and I lay ed in bed last night and talked about all of this until like 1:30 in the morning haha so needless to say we are a little tired today, but it was so worth it. She has taught me a lot and I am really grateful for her. I keep telling her that when she gets home she will just have to move to Utah. So something that was way cool this week... I met an APOSTLE! Sweet right!? Elder Neil L. Anderson came to the Firgrove ward stake conference because they were re organizing the Stake Presidency. It was so awesome. He brought Elder Bennett from the quorum of the seventy with him. It was really cool, and I shook both of their hands yesterday. The spirit in those meetings are always really amazing! It makes me feel like I never want to take this name tag off. I don't really know how to explain it. Another thing that I have learned this week is that I am so excited to be a mom some day. Every time I think about I just think what an amazing thing that is. Elder Anderson talked about the women in the church yesterday. He was talking about the priesthood and then he said, "But women are naturally more spiritual than men." I thought that was really neat. He basically said that if men didn't hold the priesthood, then there wouldn't be very many men in the church. I thought that was really interesting. So anyway... I am really excited that I am part of that. And that I can have some of those responsibilities that women get to have. I am so thankful for that. I am just so thankful that I was born of goodly parents, who taught me and raised me in this amazing gospel. Sister Craig looked at me the other day and said, "How can people not have the gospel? Can you imagine not having it!?" My answer was No! I can't even imagine what I would do without it! It scares me to even think of that. So anyway... this week has been hard because seeing people wasn't easy this week, and tracting was hard too. But it was all okay because we just laughed about it. It always reminds me of the talk that Elder Worthlin gave called, "Come what may and love it." In that talk he says to learn to laugh. I really like that. Instead of crying just laugh because it is just so much better. Haha. So all week we were laughing. Then last night we were talking and Sister Craig's older sister got married when she had been in the MTC for two weeks. And so she was really able to help me with some stuff, and we were able to FINALLY have a good cry. Hahaha cuz sometimes you just NEED to cry. So it was awesome, and I am so thankful for you. I love this gospel with all of my heart! I know that it is true! And even though sometimes I feel like my faith wavers, I know that it is true, and I know that Satan is just trying to work extra hard on us because something good is probably about to happen. So pray for us this week. Pray that we find some new people to teach! And pray that they will come to church! I love you guys so much. I love my Savior with all my heart! I know that because of him anything is possible! I love you all, and I hope that you have a great week!

Love always,

Katee

No comments:

Post a Comment