Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, April 18, 2011

MATT THE MIRACLE!!!!! Sun in Puyallup 04/18/11

Hello family and friends!


Okay... wow what a week it has been! Okay so I will start off with what happened at the beginning of last week. So after Monday I thought I was doing okay with all of this new news and everything. And then Tuesday rolls around and I just felt so down! Seriously I was fighting tears all day. And I don't really know why because I was so happy that Brayden and Parker got here safe and sound. And I am sooooo happy for Kelsee and Riley! So anyway... I thought that it would be good for me to fast. So I did.... I actually fasted 3 times last week haha. But it was so good for me to do it. So we had gone through the day and I was just kinda eh... and then we went and taught this kid named Skyler. And I started just talking to him and the next thing I know I am talking and testifying of families and why I am on a mission!  It was great. So then we go get in the car, and I just couldn't do it anymore. So I just had a melt down haha Sister Soelberg totally understood so it was okay. But I hate crying in front of people. I'm not supposed to be the one who cries. So anyway... then I just new that everything was going to be okay. That Heavenly Father has a plan for me and Colton and it is not to be home right now.  So needless to say I am doing great now. And OH MY GOODNESS that man cub is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I think he looks like me :) haha he is amazing! Can you believe that just a short week ago he was with our Heavenly Father! I love it! Oh my goodness. And Kelsee and Riley I am still just so happy for you. I better start getting details! Oh I Kels I forgot to tell you... Ryan Stringham...you know Mckade's friend... is my zone leader! He is awesome! Mckade told him to tell me hi haha its weird. But I love Elder Stringham.  Anyway... sorry for that side note. Okay so let me tell you all about our amazing MIRACLE this week!  I like to call it MATT THE MIRACLE! Okay so there is a family in our ward. Named the Alstead family... they are less active and the dad is not a member. Emily is one of the daughters and she is 18 years old.. I LOVE HER. Her personality is just like Kelsee's! That's probably why I love her so much.  So anyway... Emily has a boyfriend named Matt!  Matt is not a member.........Yet! :) So Matt has been interested in the church. So we talked to Emily one day and we were like hey can we meet with you and Matt. And she was like yeah that would be good. Matt is interested in the church.  So a week went by and she was sick... so another week goes by and we get to meet with them. We took them to the church and we didn't have a lot of time so we decided that we would give him a church tour..... It was probably one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had in my life. It was amazing! I started talking about the sacrament and why it is important and I talked about the promises we make when we are baptized, and then talked about families. And Emily's eyes just got all watery. Then Matt looks up and says "I don't know why I am telling you this but when I was little my mom was murdered. I have had a hard life. And lately I have been looking for something." ....... Uh... uh.... oh my goodness!  It was amazing... The spirit was so strong and I couldn't help but smile as I looked at him and told him that he would see his mom again someday.  I told him that I pictured the day that we would all see our savior again, and I could picture him seeing his mom. And oh my goodness it was amazing!  So then we move to the font, and we talk some more, and then Sister Soelberg asked him to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized... and he said YES!!!!! It was totally one of those moments where I just wanted to start jumping up and down!  It was amazing!  And then they came to church on Sunday and stayed for all three hours. Its funny Matt calls priesthood "the brotherhood." Hahaha i love it. And I know that this happened because of faith. The beginning of the week was hard for me.  And I fasted.  And I prayed so hard.  And I know that all of you have been praying so hard too! So I am very thankful for all of you. I know that this Miracle happened because of all our faith. Isn't this Gospel AMAZING!  I love it with all my heart! I know it is true. I know that my Savior lives and loves each one of us. I am so grateful for this Easter season, so that we can all focus on the Savior, and how he has blessed us in our loves. I love you all so much and I think about and pray for each one of you every day! You are all amazing! I hope you have a great week and a Happy Easter!  And give those babies a kiss for me! I love you all.

Love, Katee



P.S. Jodi thank you for your letter!  And Carol you are the best... you always know when I need stamps! Thank you! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment