Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, April 4, 2011

I don't have a good title this week 04/04/11

Hello family and friends!


How are you all doing? I don't really know what to say today. My emotions have been crazy this week. Trying to get used to a new area is not an easy thing. I have always had a hard time with change, but I know that it is a good thing, even though it is really hard. So yes mom sister nybo stayed in Sequim, and sister directo will stay there until the 13th and then she will head back to Salt Lake. This week has been a little tough. But this week I realized why I am on a mission. I mean there are many reasons why I am here, but this week I found a reason that is very close to my heart. And that is my Eternal Family. I never realized how grateful I was for my family until I came on a mission. And this week I have had a few opportunities to testify of families, and it gets me every time! The spirit is so strong and it is something that is so close to my heart I always cry. And I love it! I love this gospel because my family is forever! It is so hard to express my feelings over email or letters. Sometimes I wish I could just yell I LOVE YOU, and you could all hear it! I do it in my head all the time :) So family and friends I love you all. I can only imagine the day when we all meet in heaven and stand there before our Savior. The only thing that I can think of that I will say to him is "Thank you." And tell him that I love him. What a day that will be right? So this week has been a roller coaster. Sister Soelberg has been sick and I don't know the area at all. So its been hard. But some how we have managed and we actually found five new investigators this week. Its a miracle! Heavenly Father definitely blesses me and hears my prayers daily. We got a referral from the office. There names are Greg and Cassie Meachum. They are amazing people. Sis. Soelberg was sick so I took a split, SIster Casleton to the appointment. And it was great! They don't want to convert they are just curious. haha. that's like the best thing because we just got to get them to feel the spirit! But they had sooooo many questions. and it was great! i taught the first and second lesson because she just had question after question. And it was awesome! Then I asked them if I could leave a book of mormon with them and if they would read 3 nephi ch. 11 and she said yes. and i got a return appointment! Yay! So that was great. And then sister casleton and i got in the car and i said, "well i hope all of that made sense, because i am still new at this and haven't had much experience teaching." and sister casleton said "you've only been out three months?, wow that was great. you did a great job." so i was pretty excited. Then last night sis. soelberg and i were teaching a 17 year old kid named skyler and his mom and sister joined in the lesson! it was great! so his sister is now a new investigator! So we are seeing miracles, but it is still hard. I am having a hard time just getting used to things. But i know it will happen. So didn't you all just absolutely LOVE General Conference?! It was so funny, I saw jonny ola's brother doug on the tv a couple times and I pictured in my head John with his big magnifying glass up to the tv saying "where's dougy!? oh hey thats my brother." haha it was funny. I just like giggle to myself all the time haha. That is something that is hard too, is not having anyone who knows you to talk to. But its okay... thats why i write letters. So anyway... we were able to watch conference at members houses and they also showed it at the stake center. So it was really good. I loved it! Isn't amazing to sit and listen to men who receive direct revelation from our Heavenly Father. And everything they talked about were things that I needed! So i was very grateful for that. It was a total tender mercy! I have seen a lot of those lately! How is everyone doing? How is the ward? Courteney how was nationals? Hope and Brooke did you get my letter? Kelsee, Lynnette, Grandma, Mom, and Mer, I got your letters! Thank you sooo much! Sister directo forwarded my mail to me. And I haven't got the mail today yet so if you wrote me thanks!!! Well I love you all so much. I love this gospel with all my heart. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I decided that I need to humble myself and just be patient and heavenly father will bless me. I know this church is true. I am so grateful for it. It has changed my life. I knew that it was true before my mission but now I have a deeper love and knowledge of it and I am so grateful! I love my Savior! I know that he lives, and that he walks with me every day. And with all of you. If you ever feel alone talk to Heavenly Father. He will always be there! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! I pray for each one of you daily. If you don't mind praying that I can have patience this week that would be great! Thank you and I love you sooooo much!

Love always, Katee

No comments:

Post a Comment