Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy President's Day 2/21/11

Family and Friends,
Hello! How are you all doing? I am doing really great! Happy Presidents day to everyone. Haha it's funny because when I was back home I loved random holidays like this haha but as a missionary they can totally stink. One the mail doesn't come, and two you can't use the library for email. But thank goodness a member here is the manager for a software company so we can use their computers. So thank goodness I get to email today. So this past week has been kind of a weird one. My new companion is Sister Nybo. She is from Salem Utah... I probably told you all this so sorry if I did haha. Anyway she is a great missionary and I am learning a lot from her. She is 25 years old. She came on her mission after she finished school so she is a dental hygenist! Pretty cool. So anyway... it is definitely a change. But it will be good for me to learn in different ways. I just absolutely LOVE Sister Bradley. And I know I will love Sister Nybo as well, it will just be different. I totally connected with Sister Bradley instantly! So we will see. But Sister Nybo is great! This week has been really slow!!!!! Ah! That word is terrible but that's how it has been. We found a couple of new people. You remember Shirley? Well she has canceled appointments with us twice and she didn't come to church yesterday! Then Brittany Shea... I don't know if I told you about her. But she is like 22 years old. She has been in and out of rehab. Trying to stay sober. She has been sober for about as long as I have been in Washington. Her husband has been in rehab for the past six months and just got home this week. We have tried to meet with her but she canceled twice as well because she was trying to get things set up for her husband because he will be on house arrest now until October. So yeah... we haven't been able to meet with her and she didn't come to church yesterday either.. The Moan family is doing okay. They have been sick this week. Lynn is really having a hard time with Brett leaving. I feel really bad for her. I know how she feels because it's how my mom felt! But I do think it is hard for her too because she has no backround in the church. She is probably thinking why in the world would he want to do this! So anyway... I totally wish that I could just have Mom call her and talk with her and tell her that everything will be okay. But I can't do that so don't worry we got a sister in our ward... Sister Eveland who has a daughter serving in the Phillipenes, we are going to have her go visit Lynn to see if she can make her feel better. So please continue to pray for these people. We also have Mik who I PRAY EVERY DAY that he will get baptized this Sunday. I sure hope it happens. But if it is Heavenly Fathers will it will happen. So please continue to pray. I know you do everyday, and I am so thankful. I can feel all of your prayers everyday and I really appreciate it. This week we have interviews with President Bowen so that should be good. It will be on Thursday morning so pray for me haha I love the Bowen's, even though I don't know them too well yet I love them. And thats cool that you found out my new pres. mom. Thanks for telling me that. Thats pretty cool. I think another thing that has made this week slow is because Sister Directo and I are the ones who know the area the best. So basically I know the area lol I love Sister Directo she is amazing! But anyway so Mom I did buy a GPS, I hope that is okay. I really needed it bad. Cuz really I still don't know the area like the back of my hand. So it is really hard to plan and stuff. Because I feel like I still have so much to learn and yet Sister Directo and I have to plan for everything because Sister Nybo still doesn't know the area too well. But anyway... I know I need to be better and put my trust in the Lord. I know he will bless me. I just need to humble myself and be better. So please pray that I will be better, and have a better attitude. So anyway... how is everyone doing? Thank you so much for the mail this week. I didn't get a ton because I told everyone to wait til after transfers but thank you somuch for those who did write. I am so thankful. You have no idea how much mail helps me. Dave thanks for your letter, and Marilyn, and Mom, and Grandma, Mer and Riley as well. I will work on writing you all soon. So how is my little Brenna, Ter, and Clara? How is Hope, Brooke,and Courteney? Kels, how are you and Riley? Mom, and Dad how is work? How is the ward? I heard there are two new families? Wow that is soawesome! I'm not gonna know anyone when I come home haha. But that sokay. I am so glad we are growing! I bet Bonnie is happy to have somemore little kids! Any new Young Women? Well Family and Friends... I love you all so much! I miss you like crazy. I hope you are doing great! I want you all to know how important MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK is! I can't even tell you how important the ward efforts are in missionary work. There is a cool thing.... There are like 7 billion people on the earth. And there are 14 million members of the church. And there are 52,000 full time missionaries serving right now. So if each full time missionary baptized ONE person A MONTH, it would take 19,000 years to baptize the whole world! Now if every single member baptized just ONE A YEAR, it would take just over 8 years to baptize the whole world! Now do you see how important it is? We need to share the gospel!!!!People need it so bad!!! I know that this church is true with all of my heart! Otherwise I would not be sitting at this computer in Washington right now! I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lived and died for us. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Book of Mormom! I have never loved it so much in my whole life as I do right now. I feel my Savior close to me every single day. He walks with me, and helps me through hard times. I know that he does the same for you as well! I know that if we pray Heavenly Father will answer our prayers! I know he will and he does! He answers my prayers every day! If ever you feel like he doesn't... Pray HARDER! And look for the ways he answers you, because answers don't always come how we expect or how we want them too! Family and Friends, I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all of you in my life. Have a great week! And if you have time to shoot me a letter that would be great! I love you all so much!

Love,
Katee Sister Balmforth

P.S. Dave your in the High Council now!? Congrats brother in law!

No comments:

Post a Comment