Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Monday, August 8, 2011

Because I Have Been Given Much!! 08/08/11

Hello family and friends!


Okay so what a week I have had. Lets see what happened?.... Oh not much. haha. Its been a rough week. We still have NO ONE to teach and I am just praying that my Greenie does not get discouraged!  Sister Lee is great.  She is super quiet and I do most the talking so I should probably work on that. I feel like I don't know what to teach her. So Sister Jones... the lady we live with said "sometimes you just gotta teach by example, so its okay that you do everything." haha its kinda true.  I feel a little overwhelmed but I am okay.  I just keep praying every single night that we see a miracle and find someone to teach.  It hasn't happened yet but I know that it will soon. I studied about Faith this morning,  I think my faith is getting stronger but right now I feel like I don't know what to do.  Its crazy!  We feel like glorified visiting teachers because we visit members and less actives and share messages because we don't have anyone to teach. But the ward here is hopefully going to do a fast for missionary work so that will be nice and I know that it will help. Mom and Dad THANK you so much for the package! I love the CD's and Mom you are so sweet for sending that book for the guy we met!  I am so thankful for you guys!  So this week I have learned a few things! I have learned that My Savior loves me so much!  We were at a members house this past week and I shared a scripture (one of my favorites) its 3 nephi 11:14-15 and it talks about when the savior comes and visits the nephites and they feel his hands.  And I have shared this scripture hundreds of times but this time was just different.The spirit was so strong as I bore testimony of the savior! I am so thankful for my savior!  I know that he lives!  I know it with all of my heart!  I am so happy that I can be here serving him right now.  Even though it is hard sometimes... the atonement wasn't easy either so why should I complain.  I love my Heavenly Father.  I know that he hears my prayers!  I know that I will see a miracle soon!  Yesterday in church the testimony meeting was amazing.  And then the closing hymn was one of my favorites "Because Ii Have Been Given Much" as we sang that hymn yesterday my emotions were very close to the surface.  It was at that moment that I knew that the lord tries our patience sometimes but because he has given me so much I want to press forward and do his work!  This work is the most important work on the earth!  I love it so much.  It is so hard to believe that I don't have much time left!  I am so thankful for the Gospel in my life, and that I was born of goodly parents who taught me everything I needed to know.  I know that if we press forward when times get hard that Heavenly Father will bless us and he will never leave us alone! I have seen this time and time again since i have been out on a mission and i know that if we all pray and ask for help we will see our Heavenly Fathers hand in our life!  I love you all so much and I hope that you have a great week! And don't forget to PRAY! :) I will write letters soon!  I love you!

Love always,
Katee

No comments:

Post a Comment