Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Not much to report

I know I am terrible at writing. I'm sorry. I will really try to do better. This past couple weeks has been pretty crazy! I had my wisdom teeth out, and that actually went better than I had expected. I think I ended up having more pain in my arm than my mouth. Okay that is probably not totally true. But when I went in the lady started putting in the IV. I felt the pinch and it was fine. The next thing I know she is starting to pump the medicine in. It wasn't to bad for a few minutes, and then I started to feel it pinching! I tolerate pain really well so I wasn't worried about it and I didn't think there was anything wrong because it has been years since I had an IV. So I just said, "its kind of pinching a little." Then she said, "oh it is?" then i said, " yeah but don't worry its fine no big deal." So she just went on her way. A few minutes later she says, "are you not getting sleepy yet?" and i said, "no, not really (wide awake lol), but my arm is asleep, and numb." So then the doctor came in and said, "oh thats not in the vein!" Lovely! lol So they proceeded to poke me three more times until they finally found a vein that would work. It was actually pretty funny and I really didn't mind. But the next thing that I remember was sitting on my couch. That didn't turn out to well either. I got home and my Mom gave me the pain pill and i proceeded to lose whatever was in my stomach. It was kind of a rough experience, but after that it really wasn't to bad. I am pretty much back to eating normally now, thank goodness. And I am really thankful that my Mom took such good care of me. So that was last week. A lot of nothing has gone on since school got out. I am glad that I am done with school for two years. It takes a lot off my plate. I now just need to work on finding another job, so I can earn money for a mission. I am still really excited, scared, and nervous about my decision to go on a mission. But I know that it is what I am supposed to do, and I am very excited. It is weird that my little brother has already finished his papers, and will be turning them in at the end of June! I never thought that we would grow up. It has been very strange, but good at the same time.
I also got a new cousin this past week! She is the cutest little thing ever. Her name is Clara, and Brenna and Emery adore her. Brand and Mer are doing good now that they are settled with everything. Brenna and Emery have been spending a lot of time with my family, which I love. Brenna is my little buddy. Its funny because I was always brands little buddy and hung out with him all the time, so it is fun to do the same with Brenna. Well anyway I think I have blabbed on enough lol. Thanks for reading. Oh and Bonnie I am not sure but I think I might have fixed my blog so you can comment now. Try it and see if it works and you can let me know. Thanks!
-Katee

3 comments:

  1. Crazy stuff about your arm - but it makes for a great story, right? And congrats on a new little neice! And you and Brenna ARE buddies! Such a cutie ... both of you.

    And don't worry about being scared, nervous, and excited about a mission. You'll pretty much feel that way until you come home. But it keeps you working and as long as you know you're supposed to be there, you'll make it! And never forget the power of a priesthood blessing. It made all the difference for me between coming home and staying. The Lord's power is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it when you "just talk". Your blogs are great and fun to read. Sorry you had such a yucky experience at the dentist, but it's good you are healing well. You and Brenna are really cute buddies! I loved watching you both at church last Sunday. And as for the mission, you're going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks both of you! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete