Katee's Mission Countdown!!!!!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Well I can't believe that another week has already gone by and that in just two short days we will already been heading into June! It's crazy how the time flys. This week has been pretty busy. Mostly with trying to get things ready for girls camp. My goal this week was to get the t shirts all finished. And I finally found someone to screen print for fairly cheep, and I dropped the shirts off to him yesterday. I am so glad that I don't have to worry about getting those done now. The next thing on my list is to go to the church and get all of the tents we will be taking to camp, and bring them home and set them all up so I can make sure that they all have everything they need. I think I am going to try and get this done today as soon as I get off work. I am hoping that they all have all of the parts. We haven't used these tents in over four years because we have been very blessed to go to Heber Valley and use cabins! It is much easier that way. I never really realized how much work goes into a girls camp. Actually I take that back, until my mom was put in as president I never knew. It is so crazy. As a young woman I would have never thought that it was so much work. And now that I am a leader I realize how hard it is. But it is so worth it and I am so glad that I serve in this amazing calling. My mom is an amazing person. She has done this for years and I don't know how she keeps on doing it. But she loves it. Anyway hopefully I will get the tent situation taken care of today. Then I will probably get another job to accomplish before the big day. (June 14th) I am excited for girls camp but it will definitely be a lot of work. It is hard too when you only have ten girls going. I remember there being more like thirty or so when I went. Crazy how time fly's. This week is also a busy one because my little bro is graduating. I am so proud of him. He is amazing! He also just got a new job at primary childrens hospital. He is freakin amazing. And he is only 18! Well anyway... I hope you all have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOOOO jealous you get to go to girls camp! It IS a lot of work but it's totally worth it - especially if at least one girl realizes just how much her Heavenly Father loves her. Have fun - and remember that I would LOVE to be there!!

    And how cool is it that Colton is graduating!?!?!? Sweet! Mom showed me his announcement - pretty killer stuff. And a new job at a hospital!? I bet he's in heaven. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katee, you are the coolest. Yes, your brother is freakin' amazing! You are as well... and those girls probably don't know how good they have it to have your help, but I'm so glad you enjoy doing it. Hope the tent-setting up went well today and that camp is AWESOME! I'm sure it will be. We ONLY ever did tents, latrines and now showers for a week for SIX years of camp! Lucky year with cabins... not for me! Glad you get the full experience, along with those 10 girls! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read on Patti's blog about camp, and I have to say, I wasn't the least bit jealous. I can't believe you had SNOW!??!! Crazy stuff. I hope you survived and it sound like it was a success, no matter the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha laura i kept wanting to tell you about camp, and i thought hmm.... i bet she isn't too jealous any more lol. yeah it was pretty intense, but luckily we survived. it was by far the hardest camp i have ever done i think.

    ReplyDelete